Upcoming travel and meeting friends


I will soon be medically cleared.  My cough is better and I’m working to strengthen my shoulders and hips.  Once I’m medically cleared I’m free to travel which is my next step.

My mom and my siblings live in Arkansas, so that will be my first visit.  The plan is to be there for my dad’s birthday near the end of July.  Shortly after that my wife’s family is holding family reunions for two sides of the family tree.  One will be in Michigan and the other is in Canada.

My aunt and uncle in Virginia are having a 50th wedding anniversary party a little bit later so I plan to take my mom there.  I also want to visit a great aunt in Kentucky on the way back from Virginia

I’m also looking forward to visiting my son in Denver.

At lot of traveling in the next several weeks.

Looking at the map I will be putting at least 6,000 additional miles on the car in the next couple of months.  I drive a Prius but even if I got 50 mpg that would still be 300 gallons of gas.

Local visits


Closer to home I’ve been able to meet with some of my previous coworkers from MasterCard and Express Scripts.  I have an upcoming lunch meeting with friends from Wells Fargo.  I hope meet up with more friends in the coming months and weeks.

Health


My doctors are waiting for a few more tests and such before giving me final medical clearance, but that should be this week or early next.  Since I am so close to my “Close of Service” date I will not be returning to Ghana, which is a bit sad.

I have a few more doctor appointments in the upcoming weeks that are more for closing out my service properly.  The Peace Corps wants to make sure that issues arising from service overseas is addressed as best as is possible.


Love always,


John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training