Back from traveling


After 7,000+ miles on my Prius, I’m back at home – I really enjoyed my visits, but glad to be back home.

Visit to Virginia for my Aunt Ramona and Uncle Hank’s anniversary


My mom and I drove (well I drove and she rode) to Virginia to help celebrate my aunt and uncle’s 50th wedding anniversary.  It was a great visit and I enjoyed catching up with relatives.

 
My mom and her three sisters


Always enjoy listening to my cousin Randy

My cousin Erika with my uncle Hank in the background

Visit to Kentucky and Mount St. Joseph (https://www.facebook.com/ursulinesmsj/)


On the way back from Virginia to my mom’s home in Arkansas, we stopped in Kentucky to visit my mom’s cousin, Sister Mary Grace.  This was my second visit to the place and the first for my mom.  I always enjoy my visit and the ability to chat with the wonderful ladies resident there.  Check out their facebook page or stop by if you are in the area.


A great place to visit - check out their facebook page

Mom and Sister Mary Grace and me


Visit to Colorado


After dropping off mom at her house it was on to Denver to visit my son Daniel and his friend Laura.  I was able to go on several bike rides and hikes.  I found it very bike friendly and was able to go on a Denver Cruisers ride.  I think Denver is a great place to visit and very nice for outdoor activities.  I did not smoke or eat anything out of the ordinary in case anyone is wondering.


Near the start of the hike - Daniel and Laura taking the lead

Some climbing involved

Looking out from near the top

Daniel and I

A long way down on a narrow ledge

My knees were feeling the hike down and away.

Job Search


I now need to turn some of my attention to finding a job.  I can live off my savings, for now, but I don’t like being “retired”.  It would be nice to go back to my field (computers), but may be interesting to try something else.

A simpler life


I should take a serious look at the stuff in the house and see how to simplify and downsize.  The donating or selling items the family no longer needs has already started.  I expect I will be happier and my future plans easier if I have less stuff.




Love always,
John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training