Life and death events of recent weeks




Sorry for the delay since my last post.  This might be a foretaste of the first 9 weeks of training when I also might miss weekly posting updates on my steps.  I hope that my site will have internet access and I will be able to post pictures once I’m done with training, but that remains to be seen.

Last day at work


I’ve quit work.  My last day was on the 12th.  The job was fun, but even at around half time – I was not making enough progress on clearing out and organizing my stuff.

My son moves back


My son Daniel and Laura moved back to Missouri from Denver on the 20th.  It will be nice to have them in the house before I go away for another 2 years.  This required me to move out of the room I was using and into one of the small bedrooms in my house.  (I’m fine with that of course.)  I’ve not yet seen him as I am traveling back from Arkansas today and will see him when I arrive.

Death in the family


My mom’s sister in New Jersey passed away rather suddenly on the 17th.  This was a shock to all of us and raised the need to get my mom up to the funeral at the same time I was trying help Samantha and Brandon get the house ready for Daniel and Laura.  (So I have a reason for missing at least one post.)

My mom asked if we could drive – but the 1,300 mile / 20 hour trip from her house was not really something I wanted to do.  Since my mom does not like to fly – I drove the 5.5 hours away from New Jersey to her house last Sunday so we could fly together on Monday.  The flights were generously provided by the husband of one of my cousins.

My mom and her remaining 2 sisters from Connecticut and Virginia along with family as far away as Huston were able to share the experience and prove mutual comfort in the time of sadness.  I was so glad that I was able to see cousins and family members that I have not seen for years.

Mom and I returned to her house on Thursday.  I immediately got busy doing some things around the yard as rain was expected, and came, on Friday.  I am driving back today.

Several trees cut down last fall left several bush piles to be burned.  I got most of those reduced to charcoal - now if only someone had a garden and could use it.


Legal clearance!!


I was notified that I got legal clearance on the 20th.  This was the last hurdle that I know for my service.  So you can see by the countdown clock – time is ticking.


Love always,
John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training