Midterm

This past week was midterm week with a holiday on Thursday and no school on Friday. Wednesday was a staff development day. Tuesday, as part of child month was a school fun day. I did have Monday to teach. A good way to ease back into school after the week on St. Lucia I guess. However, as we had a PTA meeting after school that day it was a bit long.

Assembly on Monday

A police officer gave a talk at the PTA meeting

Our school joined with another nearby school to enjoy the day on Tuesday. Grenada had rain every day I was in St. Lucia and it continued through Tuesday, but we still got to play on our field most of the day.

Kids from both schools hang out together



After the rain delay

Part of the activities was cricket. There was a girls match and a boys match. Our school won one and lost one. The teachers played the tie breaker. I have been watching the game but some things still do not make much sense. I asked one of the other teachers a few questions, but she was not a sports fan.

Ready to field the ball.  Never noticed my hands are so white

Using my lack of knowledge about how to play would have been bad form as the game was just for fun. Who, adult or kid, would not want to see an older white man who had never played get out on the field?

So while a number of our teachers did not play I was one of those who took to the field. Not that I was any good but played more than some. Besides, even as a horrible bowler our team won. Our team bat second and we won before I could embarrass myself with the bat. Maybe next time.


What form!  >> ?? ha
Thursday was a holiday and an opportunity for the parish to hold it’s harvest festival. It was a nice time to mingle with the people in the parish and the community and to pick up a few baked goods and fried food. I also got a few school supplies that I’ll donate.

I came early to help set up

Checking out the various tables

Some of the guys having their own table
Friday was a school holiday and an opportunity to pay the electric bill in Grenville, do some shopping, and catch up on laundry.

This week coming up will be a bit more busy. Parent teacher conferences are Tuesday morning. I also have to quickly go to St. Georges to get a US flu shot afterwards. (As one of those times I’m treated as a government employee rather than a volunteer.) The semester is slipping by and with the new school soon to be completed (finally) we might end a week or two early so we can move the stuff before the start of the next term.


Love always,
John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training