Work on the computer room continues to continue


This week the carpenters worked on the ceiling. Have a ceiling for the room with a metal roof will do two things. First, it should make the room a little cooler – as the heat from the roof is somewhat stopped. We are also going to install fans when it gets really hot. As of Saturday, the ceiling was finished and we were painting it.


The second reason for the ceiling is to keep people from crawling up between the eves and getting into the room. As I watched the carpenters install an access door in case there is a problem with the electricity I asked – OK – so this is not for security? The headmaster was initially surprised at the question and then realized it was a good question. So either we are going to put a lock on the panel or I have just disclosed a security weakness to the world.
Putting up the braces for the ceiling.  A small person could squeeze through the openings.

The next day and the carpenters were almost done.

And the job is complete.


We are also making progress on the electricity. We erected the pole for the power and got it connected this week. We need access to one of the classrooms that the primary is using and we don't have it over the weekend – so the final connection will have to wait for next week.


Erecting the utility pole - students help the electrician and headmaster 

Once we have electricity to the building and the computer room is painted and ready we will move up the computers. I know that I will need to get a set of memory and at least one hard disk to try to repair the laptops that we have. We might also try to get one to two more computers to run the projector and to add to our inventory.



Dry season garden



I've not finished the fence to the dry season garden. I have all the poles up now, but need to get cross braces, put up the wire, and build/install a door. Likely another week. In the mean time the goats have found my plants and had a little snack.


I'm also nursing some kudzu, and the lizards are having a feast on the leaves – kill off about half of the 17 pots that I planted. I'm hoping to use kudzu for rabbit food in the dry season and into the wet season. As those in the southern states know once established kudzu will grow rapidly. The problem is that unless it is grazed or cut back it will become a pest. The amount of livestock open grazing in the area will prevent the problems found along country side in our country.


Still no rabbits. (still a sigh – and still the way it is. The farmers are working hard to get their harvests in so I don't want to be a pain, but I would like to have some time to demonstrate the method to raise rabbits.)



Health


I continue on planks and stretches; however, my shoulder pains has increased slightly. This could be caused by working on digging and placing the other posts for the garden. Don't know. My cough is still hanging on – with a small sinus infection. Sigh.

However, none of this is significant.  I happy and healthy enough.


Love always,

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Ghana Archery and Travel to Tamale