Work on the computer room continues


We continue to make progress on the computer room. This week we installed security bars on the windows and door. We would like to keep the computers and power stabilizers in the room. Therefore, we need to add this protection. We had to bars made by a local welder. A teacher and some students installed them on Thursday.


Bars for windows and door delivered this week

Originally the bars were going to have flat metal and holes to screw into the wall.
They were delivered with tee posts that required making a bigger hole and then patching with concrete.
And yes that is a pick ax being swung to make the hole in the wall.

A couple of holes were a little too deep and came out on the other side.
We patched all the holes and had a little extra concrete to do some other minor repairs to the school

Because we are under budget we have decided to put in a ceiling. It will make the room nicer and cooler. We don't have the money in hand to do more work. The good news is we have it in the bank. The bad news is the bank requires travel.

On Monday I hope to go to Wa to get some more money and bring back the either voltage regulators or UPS systems for the computer room. We need about 4 systems that will each support about 10 amps and one more that can be closer to 6.5 amps.

We also need money to connect the electricity to the school. This includes erecting a pole, moving a meter, and wiring to the building.


Walking to school


With the new school I have a farther walk. I have to go up the hill and past the primary school. Students show respect to the teachers by carrying their bags. I don't mind carrying my own bag – but that is not the culture of the place. Sometime, the student who comes up is a little on the small side. This week a primary student carried my bag. The small branches in his hand will be used for his broom to sweep the school area.


My bag he is carrying is almost a big as he is.
Samantha should note my "dad" cup that I set down to take the picture


Garden and rabbits.


Still no rabbits. (still a sigh – and still the way it is.)

Roger and I put the major posts in for the dry season garden. It will be a small 10 by 10 plot. We still need to put in 3 more and then put cross braces and the wire.


Health


I continue on planks and stretches; however, my shoulder pains remains at about the same level – some pain when holding my arm in certain positions. My cough is also stable – not extreme but not gone. (If this sounds the same from last week it is because it is the same.)



Love always,

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Ghana Archery and Travel to Tamale