Planning the trip to Europe

Google view of my trip

I'm off the Peace Corps around the end of May.  During the beginning of May I’m going to be visiting friends in Europe for a couple of weeks.  I have three friends that I will be spending some time with and some time on my own exploring various places on my own.


I'll miss tulip season in the Netherlands


Amsterdam to Mons, Belgium


Mons, Belgium



I will be flying in and out of Amsterdam. From the airport I’ll travel by train to either Mons or Brussels Belgium, likely to Mons. where I'll spend a few days with a friend from a past job.  I understand there will be bowling and beer involved.



 Mons to Lille France


Lille France



My friend will drive me to Lille France where I will spend the weekend with the daughter of a friend from Theresa’s work.  That Sunday I think there will be museums.

Lille France to Brussels


Brussles



I’ll take the train from Lille back to Brussels to see the sites.  I’m thinking I’ll stay a few days there.


From Brussels to Bruges Belgium


Bruges

After Brussels – I’m likely going to go to Bruges Belgium by train to do some more sightseeing for a day or so.


 From Bruges it will be back to the Netherlands


Amsterdam

After Bruges I’ll travel by train back to the Netherlands to visit a friend a met in Ghana.  I’ll stay there visiting until my flight out.

Europass


I looked into getting a pass for the train trips I will be taking.  One pass option that would allow unlimited travel between the countries that I would be visiting costs around $450.  Looking at individual tickets point to point would end up costing about $120 (because I’m not traveling all that far) – so I think I’ll look at just buy tickets when I need to go based on local recommendations.


Love always,

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training