Last Week of School


This past week was the last one for the term before a three week break for the holidays. I was able to get one last math exam in on Tuesday. I can’t even tell you how much the kids were thrilled about that.

The issues between the government and the teachers resulted in some schools skipping a celebration. We decided to have a Christmas party for the kids. This required some planning and preparation of course.


The setting area is ready

Getting a little phonics in before the program.  They asked, I didn't push it.

Making up the bags

And making ice cream.
We had the party on Wednesday. Each class had a song, skit, or dance. And I was surprised to find out the teachers also had a song to sign. I can’t even tell you how much I was thrilled about that.

Get to your seats!

Not sure why the white man needs to do a tongue check. 

But I guess he does.

Yep, your tongue is there.

Children watch you teacher for the actions, not Mr. John with the camera.

Christmas...

My class ready for their song.

Our dancers. 

I'm not sure uncontrollable laughter was part of the choreographs 
We passed out report cards on Thursday. The teachers had some social time and some work time on Thursday and Friday.

I would like to say that we will be moving into the new school at the start of next term given that it was scheduled to be completed last June. However, I can see that they have put up plastic around the stairs to finish something.  On Friday the principal was not positive that the school would be ready when we return.

And if it is turned over we will need to take the first week of school to do the move. So it will be crazy either if we move or if we stay.


It will be a nice school when it is done.
I have some plans coming up in the next few weeks that might delay my posts. My apologies for pulling my previous post. However, while I thought I could go ahead with it I needed to give the volunteer a little more time to spread the news.

Finally, some guys just up road killed a pig for Christmas, so I got some meat yesterday.


Yes, but is it fresh?


Love always,
John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training