Back at my site and the start of school - Term 2 2016


Camera issues


My camera battery and or charge is/are spoiled – African electrical current.  So the easy way to take pictures is not available.  I’ll still try to get a few snaps with my phone.

Fresh clementine from the store in Rabat Morocco
Display of some ceramics in Casablanca airport

Slowly getting back into school


Last week I was not at school and the students were busy with a lot of work around the school.  I understand few classes were held.

I got back on Tuesday afternoon after my class time was over, but that was only a single class.  I was able to work on my lesson notes.

I was able to teach three hours of lessons on Wednesday and give a quiz to the form 3’s this week.

Thursday would have been another busy day of teaching, but all the schools in our district had a meeting.  Some of our girls provided entertainment in the form of a few songs.


Dondometeng D/A JHS girls signing during district meeting


My place


My place was pretty dusty when I returned.  I fine layer of dust covered everything.  I working on getting everything cleaned up and getting back into the normal routine.  The students are still bringing me water and I have a few things left that did not die.  My kudzu is doing the best.  I’ve not been able to sprout the mint or oregano to replace what has died.  But my basil plant is still growing.

The leg on the one rabbit is worse than I thought – with bones sticking out.  I will need to get another one if I’m to have any type of success.  This one will help with a celebration at some point.

While Rabat was about 44 degrees F in the morning the hot season seems to be coming early to Dondometeng.  Morning temps are high 70’s or 80.  High temperatures inside my house are maybe 95’ish.

Health


It is nice to know what is wrong with my shoulder and ears.  My teeth are fine.  One day at a time.

Love always,

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training