Christmas at home


Working on medical clearance.


I made it through all my medical tests, just waiting on results before I turn in my last task.  My guess is that I’ll have the results this week.  The doctor found one small thing that kept me on the 5 year plan (have fun in another 5 years), ugh.

By the time I submit my last task I will have sent just over 70 pages scanned and converted to pdfs to complete my tasks.  Having a scanner so you can convert to pdf and send signed documents back to Peace Corps makes life a little easier.

I have been told that I have clearance from dental.  I expect that I will be assigned follow-up tasks for additional vaccines.  Hopefully, not a problem.  I’m guessing that I’ll need to go to the country health department for the shots.

Peace Corps sent a friendly reminder that January 12th, my deadline, is coming.  If all of my initial tasks are not complete by the deadline then I my invitation will be revoked.

I know some people have issues with health insurance (from their work rather than ACA) include difficulty seeing doctors.  I’ve been told of waits for several months to get an appointment to see a doctor for things like swollen tonsils, which seems crazy to me.  I know such issues keep some people from applying or from being able to complete medical clearance.  Health care in our country.  Ugh.

Christmas


I had to work yesterday and today I’m going to mass early.  I’ll then go over to Brandon’s family for lunch, which will be nice.  Christmas this year is sedate without the hustle and bustle (and hassle) of buying presents.  I plan to exchange presents on January 6th, Three Kings.  This idea was from my time with the Andersons.  Mrs. Anderson was from Puerto Rico.  The Spanish tradition, as I understand it, is to exchange presents on Three Kings, rather than Christmas.  I think the Caribbeans might also follow that tradition.

Theresa was a big fan of holidays.  She would get very excited and do a lot of preparation for Christmas Eve Eve through Christmas, Halloween, and Easter.  She of course bought and wrapped most of the presents and did most of the decorating and baking.  As mentioned before, I’ve not gotten into Christmas this year – I’ll keep it more as a religious holiday and rather low key.  Creating a new tradition seems like a good idea.

New haircut and glasses




I got my first clipper cut in maybe 50 years.  Normally, I get a scissor cut, but this time the person seemed to very much prefer the clippers.  I’m not sure I’m happy with it, although I’m told it looks nice and in style.  What do I know about style or hair?  My preferred approach is to get a haircut every 4 months if I need it or not.


Love always,

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training