Working through medical clearance.


I been working to get a medical test scheduled.  First, I had to wait for my doctor, then for the scheduling service to call (a week).  “Leave a message.”  “They will call you back.”  ….

The last was, “We need to check with the nurse, they will call today (Friday) or Monday.” …..

I’m watching my Jan 12th deadline get closer and wondering if this procedure can be scheduled before the end of December with my current insurance or if it will be delayed with the holidays and my new insurance next year will cause other delays.

Oh, the joys of 50+ Peace Corps medical clearance.

I was able to get an eye exam.  I don’t have eye insurance and after a rather expensive eye exam I found that I did not have a drastic change in my vision.  I am getting new glasses and when you have progressive tri-focal transitions the price is not going to be small.  The damage was about $500.  One more task down and twelve to go for medical.  Most of the rest, expect for the one big test might get done this week.

I’m been having problems with a dental bill from my close of service back in July.  It seems that Peace Corps has done everything that they need to do to get it resolved.  However, I’m getting bills for more than 90 days late from my dentist.  I hope my dentist office and the insurance administrator can figure it out soon.

Administrative


I turned in my new resume and aspiration statement and I think I’m done with the administrative work for now.


Love always,

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pito – brewed millet

Yam harvesting

Mid-service Training